Anshe Chesed Cemetery
Clay Street at National Military Park
Vicksburg, MS 39183
Access at Grove and Hope Streets, traffic light #10.
Public access except on Saturday.
Evidence of a once robust Jewish community, the cemetery dates back to 1864. A lunette fortification was built on the property by the Confederacy. On May 19 and 22, 1863, it was the site of fierce fighting and bloodshed. In 1864, the property was sold to the Anshe Chesed Congregation.